1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Once hot, add cumin seeds.
3. Add sesame seeds and let them pop.
4. Add ginger paste and green chillies. Saute for 30-40 seconds
5. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and anardana powder.
7. Mix it and saute for 10-15 seconds.
8. If it starts burning, add a splash of water.
9. Right away, add cooked peas and potatoes with salt.
10. Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
11. Add garam masala powder and mix.
12. Add lemon juice.
13. You can also add ½ teaspoon of amchur powder.
1. Mix the whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder and ajwain in a bowl.
2. Add oil.
3. Start rubbing between your fingers and keep mixing till everything is incorporated well.
4. You will have a very crumbly mixture, and if you press a little amount together, it will form a ball.
5. Start adding little water and make a smooth dough.
6. Ensure the dough is not too soft, like paratha/roti dough, and should not be stiff.
7. Cover it and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, knead it again for a few minutes to make it smooth.
9. Divide it into five equal portions and make smooth balls; flatten them out between your palms.
1. Before shaping and filling, line a baking dish or tray with aluminium foil. Or lightly spray or grease the tray.
2. Preheat the oven to at least 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C for 10 minutes.
3. Work with one disc at a time.
4. Roll into a 6-7 inch diameter circle. It should be of medium thickness
5. Using a knife, cut it in half.
6. Now work with a one-half circle at a time. Apply the water around the edges.
7. And make a cone shape by folding and overlapping slightly. Press it and seal that part.
8. Since we used water, it will stick easily.
9. Put the two-three spoonfuls of stuffing in it.
10. Do not over-stuff.
11. Apply the water to the inside edges of the cone. And press it to seal properly.
12. Repeat the same shaping process for the rest of the samosa.
13. Arrange them on a prepared tray and keep them covered with a kitchen towel, so they do not dry out.
14. Now brush them with oil generously.
15. Flip and brush the other side too.
16. Bake in a preheated oven for around 12-15 minutes.
17. Remove the tray, flip them and again bake for 10-15 minutes.
18. You will need to bake them for 25-30 minutes by turning them halfway through.
19. Add they are ready to eat.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *