Elachi Banana: Benefits And Ways To Include In Your Diet
Published on: 01-Dec-2022
10 min read
Updated on : 02-Nov-2023
Elachi Banana: Benefits And Ways To Include In Your Diet
Keep calm and eat bananas!
Without an argument, bananas are undoubtedly one of the most comforting fruits that can be enjoyed anywhere and anytime. It is one of the best foods for suppressing cravings and satisfying a sweet tooth.
According to DK Publishing Book Healing Foods, bananas are an extremely versatile and healthy fruit. They are high in potassium, necessary for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels, muscle gain, and a great energy booster.
We prefer big, yellow, slightly ripe bananas. However, you may have seen smaller, dwarf-sized bananas that are sweeter and more expensive. This variety of bananas is known as the elaichi banana in the western part of India.
Let us know more about the elachi banana.
Table Of Contents
1. What Are Elachi Bananas?
2. Nutritional Value Of Elachi Banana
3. Health Benefits Of Elachi Banana
4. How To Include Elachi Bananas In Your Diet?
5. Dietitian’s Recommendation
6. The Final Say
What Are Elachi Bananas?
Elaichi banana, also known as Yelakki Kela, is a small banana. High in vitamins, minerals, and sweetness, these bananas are smaller in size but nutritionally equivalent to regular bananas.
You can easily substitute regular bananas for these mini bananas to control your daily calorie intake during your weight loss journey. In addition, these mini bananas are high in vitamin C and potassium and make the perfect post-workout snack.
These bananas were named Elaichi or Yelakki due to their small size rather than their flavour. They taste similar to regular bananas but are sweeter and not even the size of your palm. They are more common in many cities and more plentiful than regular ones.
Nutritional Value Of Elachi Banana
Elaichi bananas are highly nutritious, just like regular bananas.
Approx 100g of elaichi banana contains
- Calories- 89 kcal
- Carbohydrates- 23g
- Protein- 1.1 g
- Fats- 0.3 g
- Dietary fibre- 2.6g
- Sodium- 1 mg
- Potassium- 358 mg
Health Benefits Of Elachi Banana
Like a regular banana, the elachi banana also has several health benefits. We have enlisted them below:
- Elaichi bananas contain twice as many carbohydrates, five times as much vitamin A and iron, and three times as much phosphorus as apples. In addition, bananas are high in potassium, fibre, and natural sugars.
- Elaichi bananas contain vitamin C, potassium, and other vitamins and minerals that benefit overall health.
- Elaichi banana also aids the body in maintaining a heartbeat, lower blood pressure, and a proper water balance.
- Elaichi bananas help lower the effect of asthma. Researchers from Imperial College discovered that children who ate just one banana per day had a 34% lower risk of developing asthma.
- The potassium content of elaichi bananas aids in the prevention of strokes, atherosclerosis, and heart attacks.
- For various reasons, elaichi bananas are an excellent meal choice for pregnant women. First and foremost, bananas are high in folic acid. Folic acid is used to assist your body in producing the extra blood required for pregnancy. Bananas are also high in iron, which helps to prevent anaemia, which is ideal because the body needs to save enough blood for the growing foetus and the mother.
- The spread of cancer affects everyone, and the need for prevention rather than cure is becoming more pressing. Elaichi bananas have anti-cancer properties that help to reduce cancer-causing cells.
How To Include Elachi Bananas In Your Diet?
Here we have listed a few ways to include bananas in your diet. Have a look!
1. Breakfast Shakes
For an instant energy boost and a quick breakfast blend, try an elaichi banana and apple smoothie. Then, add some oats and greens like spinach and lettuce to make it a complete meal.
Who does not enjoy a tasty snack? Everyone does, and those who enjoy the oiled fritters can supplement their diet with elaichi banana-flavoured curd.
Elaichi banana is an excellent substitute for whole wheat flour. Make some delicious and nutritious banana and egg pancakes.
4. Baked Goods
Add elaichi bananas to bread to make it healthier. This not only improves the bread's texture but also adds flavour.
5. Replace With Jam
Replace the jam with elaichi banana and avocado spread on toast if you want to avoid the calories that come with regular spreads.
6. Fibre-rich Pudding
Elaichi banana, papaya, and chia pudding make excellent desserts and are extremely simple to prepare.
Elaichi bananas may be smaller but contain the same nutritional value as regular bananas. However, due to their small size, they have fewer calories. Therefore, you can easily replace regular bananas with these small ones to keep your calorie intake under control for the day.
-Dietitian Lavina Chauhan
The Final Say
Elaichi bananas are equally nutritious and healthy as regular bananas. They are also widely available in many parts of the country and can easily be turned into many delicious recipes. Therefore, it is an excellent option to include elaichi bananas in your diet.
1. Which is better elaichi Banana or the regular Banana?
They might be different in size but have the same nutritional value as regular bananas. However, as the elaichi bananas are smaller, their calorie count and nutritional value differ from the regular ones.
2. Can people with diabetes eat elaichi bananas?
The answer is the contrary, as it depends on your blood sugar levels because we all know bananas have a glycemic index directly linked to diabetes. You can have an alternate banana day if your blood sugar and potassium are controlled.
3. Is Elaichi Banana good for loose motion?
Yes, mixing one or two elaichi bananas with ghee, a pinch of cardamom and nutmeg may also be helpful for the management of loose motions by binding stools as it is rich in potassium content.
4. Can I eat elaichi bananas daily?
If you do not have diabetes and high potassium levels and are a healthy adult. In that case, you can have one elaichi banana per day.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H
Subscribe to Toneop Newsletter
Simply enter your email address below and get ready to embark on a path to vibrant well-being. Together, let's create a healthier and happier you!
Download our app
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *