Om Shree Ganeshay Namah! We chant this mantra to seek Lord Ganpati's blessing and ensure the success of a new beginning. Like every year, the preparations for the arrival of the god of wisdom, Ganesha, are at their peak.
Ganpati comes to bless our homes on Ganesh Chaturthi, and the celebration continues for 10 days. It is the most auspicious festival, which begins in Bhadrapada per the Hindu calendar and is celebrated in many parts of India.
Known by names like Ekdanta, Ganapati, Vinayaka and many more, Ganesha is welcomed with devotion and delicious delicacies. The festival is incomplete without sweets and mouth-watering dishes.
However, we fail to take care of our health during these festivities. Taking this into concern, we have brought up a few yummy yet healthy recipes to enjoy the festival without worrying about calories.
1. Sesame And Jaggery Modak
2. Dry Fruit Modak
3. Paneer Kheer
4. Taro Root Kachori
5 . Poha Ladoo
1. Roast the sesame seeds until aromatic. Let them cool down.
2. Blend the roasted sesame seeds to make a fine powder.
3. Add cardamom and jaggery powder and blend again.
4. Make sure the mixture is sticky and blended well to make balls.
5. In a pan, take 1 cup of water, add ½ tsp ghee and a pinch of salt and let the water boil.
6. Turn off the gas and add 1 cup of flour.
7. Mix well till it becomes a crumbled dough. Cover it and keep the dough aside for a few minutes.
8. Knead the dough and make it smooth.
9. Take some portion of the dough, make a small round puri, put the sesame mixture, and make a modak.
10. Follow the same process and prepare other modak.
11. Steam the modaks for 8-10 minutes in a pressure cooker or a steamer.
12. Healthy and delicious modaks are ready to serve.
1. Roast the desiccated coconut for a few minutes till it turns golden.
2. Roast the dry fruits and keep them aside.
3. Add 1 tsp ghee to a pan and add chopped dates. Roast them until they
4. Add raisins and cook again for 5 minutes. Let it cool down for some time.
5. Blend the dry fruits to make a coarse powder.
6. Add all the ingredients and coconut to the mixture and cook for a few minutes.
7. Make a medium, tight dough from the whole wheat flour with a pinch of salt.
8. Let the dough rest for a few minutes.
9. Use a modak mould and make modaks by putting the delicious stuffing.
10. Steam the modaks for 8-10 minutes in a pressure cooker or a steamer.
1. Pour the milk into a pan and let it cook while you keep stirring.
2. After one boil, simmer the gas and let the milk thicken for 8-10 minutes.
3. Add sugar/stevia and cook until it melts properly.
4. Add cardamom powder, saffron and nuts.
5. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add paneer and stir it occasionally.
7. Add essence, mix well and switch off the gas.
8. Serve it hot or cold.
1. In a pan, add some oil. Next, add boiled and chopped taro root.
2. Cook until it turns brown.
3. Add ginger, garlic, green chilly, carom seeds, dry mango, salt, chopped dates and dried apricots. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Let it cool and mash the mixture properly.
5. Take wheat flour or multigrain flour and make a dough. Make roti and fill the mixture in it.
6. Make kachoris and fry them or air fry them until they turn light brown and crispy.
7. Serve with the chutney of your choice.
1. In a pan, roast the poha until it turns golden brown. Let them cool for some time.
2. Blend poha with jaggery powder for a grainy texture.
3. In another pan, add ghee and add the nuts.
4. Roast until they change colour.
5. Add cardamom powder and raisins and stir until the raisins swell up.
6. Add poha mixture to the cardamom pan and mix well.
7. Switch off the flame and let it cool down a bit.
8. When the mixture is warm, start making ladoos from it.
9. Serve and do not store it in the fridge.
Everybody loves to welcome Shri Ganesh at home with prayers and various offerings, including delicious prasad. Ganesh Chaturthi is incomplete without modak and sweets, as modak is Lord Ganesha’s favourite sweet.
Therefore, making modak more health-friendly is a vital way to eat sweets guilt free and enjoy the festival with pure joy and the blessing of Lord Ganesh.
TONEOP is a platform, dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H