A sedentary lifestyle has become the smoking of our generation!
Being sedentary in modern society is a risk factor for health problems. With an increased risk of obesity, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and several medical conditions, sitting too much can be hazardous to physical health.
Fortunately, there are ways that the modern world has made available to reduce physical activity and gain an optimum amount of energy in our daily lives. These include apps that can help us make small changes in our behaviour to support physical activity in our daily routine.
One such app is ToneOp which lets you track your physical activity levels in a fun and easy way. This blog aims to explain how well-designed health apps can help you with a sedentary lifestyle and what risks they carry.
1. What Is A Sedentary Lifestyle?
2. Potential Side Effects Of A Sedentary Lifestyle
3. How Do Health Apps Help With A Sedentary Lifestyle?
4. The Final Say
A sedentary lifestyle involves sitting or lying down for a long period of time. It is becoming a widespread and significant public health issue. A sedentary lifestyle is linked with a wide range of chronic health conditions such as obesity, diabetes and high blood pressure.
According to several studies, adults must get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity each week. However, 21% of adults meet physical activity guidelines, while less than 5% perform 30 minutes daily.
According to WHO (World Health Organisation), inactive or sedentary lifestyles have serious health implications. The organisation also warned that sedentary lifestyle could be among the 10 leading causes of death and disability worldwide.
Not getting enough exercise can increase the risk of
Health apps have become popular in helping people achieve a healthy lifestyle. They can be used to track physical activity and food intake, provide helpful tips on improving lifestyle habits, and motivate you to take action and make changes.
Here are a few ways health apps help with a sedentary lifestyle.
1. Health apps can help you monitor your physical activity and diet. These apps provide user-friendly interfaces that make it easier to track your activity levels, track steps taken, and set goals for physical activity, lifestyle, and health activities. They also offer abundant information about healthy eating and lifestyle choices in an easy-to-digest format.
2. Health apps also help connect users with others who share similar health goals. These apps allow users to connect with others in the lifestyle community to share tips and learn from others' experiences. This helps users stay motivated and connected in their health journey.
3. Health apps can provide personalised guidance and support. For example, ToneOp's built-in daily tracker helps users track their activity and dietary intake.
4. Health apps can help track your steps, calories burned, and other physical activity data. This can help you reach your walking goals and make healthful lifestyle changes.
5. The apps also offer features such as meal planners and weight loss tracking tools, which provide personalised guidance for reaching health goals.
6. The health apps can provide reminders to keep you on track with your health goals. For example, some apps feature daily or weekly check-ins that remind users of upcoming health activities or deadlines.
Health apps have become an essential part of modern lifestyle, offering a variety of features to help people achieve their health goals and improve their overall health status. Besides, they help people stay motivated in their health journey by providing insights on conveniently reaching their personal fitness goals.
Additionally, health apps like ToneOp can connect you with professionals who can help you with your health goals with a personalised diet plan. With so many benefits, there is no reason not to use a health app for better health and well-being.
As health risks from inactivity increase, healthcare professionals are turning to apps and wearable devices to encourage physical activity and healthy lifestyles in their patients. We hope that, with time, health app usage will continue to increase, and the people will be educated on how to use them to help promote a healthy lifestyle.
If you are searching for a health app, then ToneOp is a perfect choice!
1. What are examples of a sedentary lifestyle?
Sitting in front of a computer for prolonged periods, watching television, and playing video games are examples of a sedentary lifestyle.
2. How do I know I am living a sedentary lifestyle?
If you spend six or more hours sitting or lying down with a lack of physical movement, then you are living a sedentary lifestyle.
3. Is walking 30 minutes a day sedentary?
Yes! You are considered sedentary unless you do at least thirty minutes of intentional physical activity.
4. What are the four consequences of sedentary behaviour?
The four consequences of sedentary behaviour are:
2. Type 2 diabetes
4. Cardiovascular disease.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *