Today’s smile is sponsored by hung curd dip! Curd is the go-to food ingredient consumed by people all over India. However, it is known as dahi or yoghurt commonly by the people.
Curd is a gift in the hot season and can be consumed in various ways. For example, you can make it sweet by adding sugar, savoury by adding salt, raita by adding vegetables, and dessert by adding fruits and berries.
Some people do not like the curd's water part (whey), so they remove the water from it. Hung curd is the creamy residue of the curd, prepared by extracting the water content by hanging curd in a cloth.
The water drips through cloth, leaving hung curd behind. Let us know a bit about it and its recipes.
1. Nutritional Value Of Hung Curd
2. Benefits Of Hung Curd
3. Hung Curd Dip Recipes
4. The Final Say
Hung curd is gut-friendly and loaded with nutrients. 100g of hung curd contains:
Here we have listed the benefits of delicious hung curd. Have a look!
Hung curd is loaded with protein, making it an excellent option for people on a diet and bodybuilding, as it works as a great post-workout snack. Moreover, it can replenish the body with lost proteins and repair damaged tissues.
Hung curd is suitable for a low-carb diet! Hung curd is very low in carbs compared to plain curd and works great for people with diabetes as it does not increases blood sugar.
Sodium tends to retain water in the body and makes your body swell, which ultimately soars the blood pressure, so consuming hung curd rather than plain curd helps you to keep high blood pressure away.
Hung curd is rich in calcium which keeps the bones and teeth healthy. It has 110mg of calcium per 100g, a great option to add to the diet regularly.
Being a probiotic, hung curd helps improve the gut microflora by aiding digestion and boosting immunity. Moreover, it is a fermented food that helps to absorb nutrients properly in the gut by increasing its bio-availability, reducing the chances of nutrition deficiency.
Various studies reveal that regular curd consumption can help lower bad
cholesterol and help in blood pressure management.
Here are a few quick recipes to make delicious hung dips.
1. Take hung curd in a bowl and whisk properly.
2. Add tabasco sauce and mix well.
3. Add jalapenos and grated bell peppers and mix well
4. Add salt and give a proper mix
5. The healthy Mexican dip is ready to serve.
1. Mix all ingredients in the bowl.
2. Refrigerate it for 20-30 minutes.
3. Serve the chilled garlic-hung curd dip.
1. In a bowl, take hung curd and whisk it properly.
2. Add black pepper powder, powdered sugar, salt and garlic powder. Mix it well
3. Add chopped spring onions.
4. The delicious green onion-hung curd dip is ready to serve.
1. In a bowl, take hung curd and whisk properly.
2. Add Italian seasoning, chilli flakes, salt and black pepper powder.
3. Add grated cheese cube and mix well
4. The hung curd cheese Italian dip is ready to serve.
1. In a bowl, add hung curd and whisk properly.
2. Add chopped onion and tomatoes and mix well.
3. Add oregano and chilli flakes along with tabasco sauce and salt.
4. Give it a nice mix and add lemon juice.
5. Your delicious hung curd salsa dip is ready to serve.
Curd, yoghurt or hung curd is a healthy and delicious dairy product which should be included in your diet regularly. It contains a good amount of protein, calcium and minimal carbs and fat, an ideal option for people dealing with diabetes and hypertension.
It also has other great health benefits. It is excellent for bones and teeth, is low in sodium, and helps to aid digestive issues. It is a great snack option and can be transformed into a dessert or a savoury dish by adding vegetables or fruits.
1. Is hung cud and Greek yoghurt the same?
Yes, hung curd and Greek yoghurt are the same. The only difference is that Greek yoghurt is available in many flavours while hung curd is made plain.
2. Is hung curd good for health?
Yes, hung curd is excellent for people with diabetes and hypertension as it is very low in carbs and sodium, which will not increase the blood sugar level and blood pressure in both conditions.
3. Does hung curd aid digestion?
Yes, hung curd has probiotic properties, which help to keep the gut microflora healthy by preventing digestive issues like constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, gas etc.
4. Is the shelf life of hung curd less than regular curd?
Yes, it is because the whey is removed to make the hung curd, and the whey helps to increase the shelf life of the curd, so once removed, the shelf life of the hung curd is reduced.
5. How to use hung curd in different ways?
You can add fruits to make a sweet dessert, add grated or chopped veggies to make raita which can be consumed with rice or pulao or add some dry fruit to make a great post-workout snack.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9