Diwali is not only the festival of lights but also the festival of flavours and endless binge. It is one of the festivals that holds prominence in the Indian Hindu Community.
Diwali is the time of the year when people spend time with their families and friends having delicious and mouthwatering snacks. The main snack loved by adults and children is namkeen.
However, there are many namkeen available in the market, but homemade namkeen is much healthier and more hygienic.
Besides, making a healthy namkeen is good for health and marks a good impression in front of guests and inspires them to follow the same way to make a namkeen to avoid consuming excess fats and trans-fat-rich snacks.
Here are four best healthy roasted namkeen recipes that will make you the star of the Diwali binge night.
This namkeen is low in calories and good in protein. A good option for those who like low-cal evening snacks. It is simple yet crispy, delicious rice flakes chiwda loaded with peanuts and roasted chana dal (Daliya in Gujarati).
1. In a big iron kadhai, dry roast the thin rice flakes until half crispy. Put them aside in a different pan.
2. In the same kadhai, add oil and mustard seeds and let them splutter.
3. Add hing, curry leaves, green chilli, ginger and garlic and roast it well.
4. Add turmeric powder and shredded coconut and mix well.
5. Add the poha with roasted peanuts and roasted chana dal and mix well.
6. Add powdered sugar and salt and mix it well.
7. Let it cool and store it in an air-tight container so it would not get soggy.
ToneOp Tip: You can add some raisins and sesame seeds to give them a nice flavour.
A healthier version of fried namakpara includes the goodness of omega-3 fatty acids from flaxseeds, giving a nutty flavour to the namakpara. It avoids maida and is made with whole wheat flour.
1. In a bowl, add multigrain or whole wheat flour. Add flaxseeds, ajwain seeds, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and sugar. Mix everything well.
2. Add oil and knead the mixture properly. Add the required water to make a dough which should not be too hard or too soft. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
3. Make equal portions of dough and roll a medium-thick round roti. Cut the roti into diamond shapes for namakpara.
4. Bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or air fry them.
5. Healthy and delicious namakpara are ready!
A healthy mix cereal chivda recipe is an excellent option to snack on for health-conscious people. Most chivda is made with poha, but this chivda combines cereals and unpolished millets.
1. Heat oil in the Kadhai on medium flame.
2. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and cashews. Roast them until golden brown.
3. Add raisins and let them plump a little bit.
4. Add red chilli powder, citric acid and turmeric powder.
5. Mix all the cereals with makhana and roast them well for 4-5 minutes.
6. Let it cool and store it in an airtight container.
These rice crackers have Tamil flavours, are rich in many other nutrients, like protein and minerals, and are low in calories.
For rice crackers
For roasting and powder
1. Soak the chana dal for an hour. Dry roast it and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast peanuts and urad until light golden brown.
3. Blend sesame seeds, urad dal, roasted peanuts, chana and salt.
4. Make a fine powder!
For rice crackers
1. Add rice flour, hing, red chilli powder, curry leaves, blended powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix it well.
2. Add the soaked chana dal, oil and water and make a dough.
3. Make equal parts of the dough and thin puri out of the dough.
4. Air fry them and store them in an airtight container.
Diwali festival calls for unlimited delicious snacks. No one can resist snacking on these delicacies. So instead of consuming market-available snacks deep-fried in oil, you can make healthy namkeen at your place by baking or air frying, which will require not more than a tablespoon of oil.
Therefore try these recipes and have a happy, healthy and safe Diwali!
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *