Nature has given us several precious gifts! Fish is one of them. It is an essential part of the food chain and is one of the healthiest forms of animal food. Rich in good fats, vitamins and minerals, fish is known to ward off many chronic diseases.
There are numerous types of fish, and today we will talk about Aar fish. It is a freshwater fish and is nutritious and healthier. The fish is low in saturated fats and has a mild taste and moist texture.
Aar fish is low in moisture and tastes sweet and mild. This freshwater fish is fatty compared to leaner fishes, like the Anchovy or Tilapia, and is a rich source of proteins and calcium.
Let us know more about the fish and a few delicious Aar fish dishes. Keep on reading!
1. Nutritional Value Of Aar Fish
2. Health Benefits Of Aar Fish
3. Aar Fish Recipes
4. The Final Say
Aar fish is low in mercury and is rich in protein. It also contains nutrients like choline and is a good source of healthy and essential fats.
100g of Aar fish contains
Although Aar fish is abundant in health benefits; still, we have listed a few of them:
Here are two famous Aar fish recipes to make your day delicious.
It is a Bengali fish recipe with a tangy and spicy taste.
(For paste of spice)
(For Aar macher jhol)
1. Clean the fish with water 2-3 times and put the pieces in place.
2. Now, for marinating the fish, add turmeric powder and salt, mix well and marinate it for 10-15 minutes.
3. Take a deep pan to add mustard oil, shallow fry the fish from both sides till it gets little brown and put the fried pieces on a plate.
4. In the same pan, add the remaining oil, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and salt, chopped tomatoes, and green chillies, and cook until they become mushy.
5. Add two tbsp water, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chillies powder to the tomato mixture.
6. Add more water to make gravy and let it boil until it becomes thick.
7. Add the fried Aar fish pieces into the gravy and cook for over 5 minutes. You can adjust the salt and water as per your choice.
8. Serve it hot with rice or roti!
It is a gravy with the aroma of spices, potatoes and a good flavour of ginger and garlic.
1. Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric powder and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes
2. Make a blend of onion, green chilli and tomato. Now heat the pan, add mustard oil, let it hot and then shallow fry the fish from both sides.
3. Add the potatoes with turmeric powder and salt, and sauté until it turns golden brown.
4. In a different pan, add ghee and all the spices like clove, elaichi, cinnamon, bay leaves, and dry red chilli.
5. Add chopped onion and tomato, onion and green chilli paste, then add ginger garlic paste and cook properly.
6. Add all the spices like cumin powder, sugar, salt, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder.
7. After mixing everything, add soaked raisins and 2 cups of water, mix properly, and then add fried potatoes.
8. Add Bengali garam masala and cook for 5 minutes and serve.
Aar fish is mild in flavour; hence you can add more spices and some lemon or tamarind pulp to eliminate the fishy smell. Also, it is low in carbs and fat, making it
an excellent option for weight loss. Therefore, you can add this fish to your weight loss diet plan.
1. Is Aar fish boneless?
Yes, it is boneless.
2. Is Aar fish good for health?
It contains essential amino acids that promote growth and help maintain muscle tissue mass. The protein in Aar fish helps the body maintain a healthy metabolism, encouraging weight loss.
3. Is Aar fish a catfish?
Yes, it belongs to the catfish family. It also goes by the scientific name Siluriformes. These are unique and have cat-like whiskers on them.
4. Is Aar fish good during pregnancy?
It is not recommended for pregnant women, as it has high levels of mercury and can harm their fetuses.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *