Korameenu is one of India's most popular and tastiest fish, also known as snakehead or Murrel. It is a river water fish. Korameenu fish for health is phenomenal because it is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Also, the protein content of fish is among the highest compared to other fish meat. For example, 100 grams of Korameenu fish yields 25.2 grams of protein. If we compare the protein content per 100 grams in chicken, only 18.2 grams and eggs were only 12.8 grams. The high protein content greatly benefits the muscle-building process in your body.
1. Benefits Of Korameenu Murrel Fish
2. Nutritional Value Of Korameenu Fish
3. Korameenu Fish Fry Recipe
Korameenu Murrel fish is a popular and tasty freshwater fish in India. Commercially, it is most prevalent in Andhra Pradesh, a state in India. However, the fish has also been farmed in other countries like Pakistan, Taiwan, Thailand, the Philippines, etc. Murrel fish or Korameenu is also called viral Meen or snakehead fish due to its head resembling a snake's head. Four species of Murrel fish have been farmed in India, including the giant Murrel, mud Murrel, spotted Murrel and striped Murrel.
A fish fry is an excellent option for a starter or snack. Korameenu, with all its flavours and health benefits, is the perfect protein to choose from! Ensure that you clean the fish well before marinating it and you are all set!
For The Main Dish:
1. In a covered vessel, take the washed and cleaned fish pieces.
2. Make sure your fish is slightly thick.
3. Add salt, turmeric and vinegar and mix well.
4. Now wash 4 to 5 times with clean water.
1. Once the fish is wiped clean, then marinate.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric, chilly powder, curd, garam masala, coriander, lemon juice and salt as a marinade.
3. Close it with a lid and leave for 40 minutes.
1. In a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and heat.
2. Add marinated fish portions alongside marinated chillies.
3. On a medium flame, fry both sides.
4. Sprinkle with chat powder and coriander to garnish.
Korameenu provides various health benefits, such as accelerating wound healing and maintaining fluid balance in the body. It supports healthy digestion and is known to cure diseases such as hepatitis, lung infections, typhoid, diabetes, stroke, etc. while boosting immunity. It helps improve malnourishment and aids children with autism as well. In addition, it is known to improve the nutrition of the foetus or pregnant women, children and adults.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H