Lungs Detox: Natural Ways To Cleanse Lungs
Published on: 14-Nov-2022
10 min read
Updated on : 02-Nov-2023
Lungs Detox: Natural Ways To Cleanse Lungs
Our lungs are self-cleansing organs which cleanse themselves often, so people think we do not need to take special care of our lungs.
Lungs help to clean the air we breathe by cleaning the chemicals and pollutants from pollen to many hazardous clouds of smoke.
Along with all the other organs, it is essential to care for the lungs more often. As with increasing pollution, it is vital to take care of them. So we can detox the lungs naturally at home by following some natural methods.
Let us discuss how to cleanse the lungs naturally. This can help you avoid your risk of pulmonary diseases like bronchitis, asthma, and pneumonia.
Table Of Contents
1. Natural Ways To Cleanse Lungs
2. Some Tips To Detox Your Lungs
3. What Are The Benefits Of Lung Detox?
4. The Final Say
Natural Ways To Cleanse Lungs
Regular exposure to air pollution and smoking affects the respiratory system in ways one cannot even imagine. People with chronic conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease should take care of these things as much as possible.
ToneOp brings you some tips you can perform to keep your lungs clean naturally.
1. Inhale Steam For Lung Cleansing
Inhaling steam is one of the oldest methods to cleanse the lungs. It helps to decongest the lungs and relieve coughing and sneezing.
How To Take Steam?
- Boil the water or use a readily available steamer.
- Pour that boiling water into the bowl and cover yourself with the towel over your head. This will give you concentrated steam directly into your mouth and nose.
- Stay cautious because excess concentrated steam may burn your skin.
- Do it slowly by taking a 2-minute break, inhaling and exhaling the steam through mouth and nose.
2. Bath Soak For Lung Cleansing
To decongest the lungs, you can simply do a simple home remedy by changing your bathroom into a mini spa. Fill the bathtub with warm water and add some essential oils to it. This will help to detox your whole body with the lungs.
You can simply use eucalyptus oil or lavender oil to calm your body and lungs as well, as it will help to cleanse the lungs. You can breathe properly, so your airways are open and free from pollutants.
3. Rubbing Your Chest
As we see ads of Vicks where people rub their chest with Vicks. Similarly, you can rub your chest with any oil you want, whether cinnamon essential oil or any essential oil, for 5-6 minutes. This will helps to open the way to breathe. Moreover, it will detoxify the lungs, and the oil's fragrance will boost the cleansing process.
You can use eucalyptus oil as it is considered best for detoxifying the lungs.
Well, we have seen people talking about following certain breathing exercises for lung detoxification, which is a great way to cleanse your lungs naturally without using any other products.
Exercise helps force muscles to work religiously harder, increasing the breathing rate, ultimately helping to supply a good amount of oxygen to the muscles, and improving circulation, eventually promoting lung detoxification.
This is the fastest way to detoxify the lungs. Some people suffering from certain lung disorders can opt for light activity.
You can also opt for some aerobic exercise like
- Stairs up and down
5. Herbal Teas
Other than these methods, having a good cup of herbal tea will help you balance health and cleansing properties. It is a great choice to have for the detoxification of the lungs.
1. Pepper And Mint Herbal Tea
- Mint- 4 to 5 leaves
- Pepper powder ⅓ tsp
- Water- 1 ½ glasses
- Honey- 1 tsp
1. Boil mint leaves with pepper powder in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Add honey to it.
3. Drink and feel relaxed.
This mixture helps relax the lungs by decongesting them. It is an excellent detoxification tea.
2. Ginger Tea
- Crushed ginger- 1 inch
- Water- 1 glass
- Honey- 1 tsp
1. Boil the crushed ginger in water till the water reduces to half.
2. Add honey to the drink.
Both have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which work great for cleansing the lungs.
3. Mulethi Tea
- Mulethi powder- ½ tsp
- Water- 1 glass
1. Boil mulethi powder in water for 5 minutes.
2. Drink and relax.
Mulethi tea is an excellent medicinal herb that detoxifies the lungs and contains anti-inflammatory properties. Incorporate this drink into your daily routine for lung detoxification.
Some Tips To Detox Your Lungs
There are several ways to lung detox, but making little life changes can be more beneficial.
- Clean the air condition at regular intervals, keep the air clean inside the house, and keep the pollutants, smoke, lice, and dust away.
- Always keep the exhaust fan on while working in the kitchen. This will keep the cooking smoke out of the kitchen, which will not congest the lungs.
- Make sure to smoke outside the house.
- Increase the number of plants, mostly indoor plants, in your house to keep the house filled with oxygen.
- Clean your furniture, which is your sofa, carpet and beds, more often as dust gets stuck in it and will hamper the health of the lungs.
- Make sure you do not use more room fresheners and scented candles. They will give a nice fragrant room but will congest your lungs also as these products contain chemicals which are harmful to your lung health.
- Check with your doctor regularly to get an exact idea regarding your lung and other organ health.
What Are The Benefits Of Lung Detox?
Our lungs are the second most important body organ. When we inhale the air, the oxygen is extracted and passes into the blood, which then goes to the different organs for better functioning. Likewise, the carbon dioxide from the same inhaled air is exhaled by the body when we breathe.
As our lungs help to function the whole body, we need to take care of it by inculcating lung detox treatments which can be done quickly and naturally at home.
Lung detox at regular intervals helps to avoid respiratory issues like asthma, COPD, allergies, bacterial infection and viral infection in the long run. Also, health-promoting foods help to keep the issues at bay.
The Final Say
Taking care of your lungs is crucial in today’s world as pollution is increasing daily. Due to this, we inhale many chemicals daily. It is essential to detox the lungs regularly by following natural methods that do not harm the lungs and protect them from hazardous chemicals and pollutants.
1. How do the lungs get congested?
We breathe a lot of polluted air daily, containing lots of chemicals and smoke, which congest the lungs and sometimes make breathing difficult, and we may suffer from lung issues.
2. What is the lung disease caused due to lung congestion?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma and cystic fibrosis are some of the lung diseases caused due to lung congestion and are not treated well.
3. How do lungs cleanse themselves?
To keep the lungs lubricated and clean, a thick layer of mucus forms on the walls of the airways of the ways. While cleaning the lungs, the mucus comes out through the nose by collecting all the non-required pollutants of the body.
4. Which lung cancer is most common for people who smoke?
Small cell lung cancer is one of the fast-growing lung cancer among smokers.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H
Subscribe to Toneop Newsletter
Simply enter your email address below and get ready to embark on a path to vibrant well-being. Together, let's create a healthier and happier you!
Download our app
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *