Post Diwali: Drinks And Ways For Lungs Detox
Published on: 29-Oct-2022
10 min read
Post Diwali: Drinks And Ways For Lungs Detox
It is the time of the year when you have enjoyed the long weekend of partying and increased a few kilos by binging on Diwali sweets. But, unfortunately, after burning all the crackers, the environment and your lungs are full of smoke.
The smoke can lead to respiratory problems such as cough, cold and congestion. It is even more difficult for people suffering from asthma and breathlessness.
So, what do you think? Is it the right time to detox your lungs? Of course, it is! But how? Keep on scrolling!
Your health expert, ToneOp, brings you the way to detox your lungs naturally.
Drinks For The Lungs Detox
Here are a few easy-to-make drinks that help eliminate breathlessness and are great for lung detox. Have a look!
1. Cinnamon And Turmeric Detox
- Cinnamon Powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ¼ tsp
- Honey- 1tsp
- Ginger- ¼ inch
- Lemon juice- ½ tsp
- Mulethi powder- ½ tsp
- Basil- 3-4 leaves
- Water- 1 cup
1. In a pan, heat a cup of water.
2. Add grated ginger and holy basil, and let it simmer.
3. When the water starts to boil, add mulethi powder, cinnamon powder and turmeric.
4. Bring to a boil, and turn off the heat.
5. Strain into a cup and add honey and lemon juice.
6. Mix well and drink it lukewarm.
How Does It Help?
The drink contains ingredients that will relieve your lungs, nose and throat from the smoke. Moreover, the ingredients like honey, cinnamon, lemon and basil have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce any congestion in the airways.
2. Green Tea
Green tea contains several antioxidants that can help to reduce inflammation in the lungs. In addition, the compounds in green tea may even protect lung tissue from the hazardous effects of smoke inhalation.
3. Turmeric, Dry Ginger And Cinnamon Powder
Turmeric, dry ginger powder and cinnamon powder can be consumed in water or powder form together or separately. It helps in the detoxification of the lungs and elevates their working.
4. Rock Salt (Pink Salt) with Lukewarm Water
Lukewarm water is essential in keeping our lungs naturally clean and healthy. Adding rock salt (Pink) helps get rid of accumulated cough. According to Ayurveda, ushan jala (Warm water) and saindhava lavana (rock salt) are both kapha dosha pacifying, reducing chances for kapha dosha vitiation. In addition, it cleanses the overall respiratory system, thus enhancing the performance of the lungs.
5. Turmeric Milk
Turmeric milk is not rocket science but “Haldi dudh”. Haldi, also known as turmeric in English and haridra (Curcumin longa) in sanskrit has many detoxifyong properties. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, relieves pain, increases the whole body's metabolism and detoxifies all body systems. In addition, it keeps all dosha balanced and prevents any infection.
Food To Cleanse Your Lungs
Here is a list of the foods that can help you to cleanse your lungs.
Home Remedies To Detox The Lungs
Home remedies are the best way to eliminate post-Diwali smoke from the lungs. They are safe and effective.
1. Steam Inhalation With Mint Leaves
1. Heat the water to boiling.
2. Use the facial sauna or steam inhaler or carefully pour the hot water into the big bowl or small tub.
3. Now add some mint leaves to the water.
4. Drape the towel over your head.
5. Close your eyes and lower your head toward the water until you are about 10 to 12 inches away from the hot water.
6. Inhale slowly through your nose for at least five to ten minutes.
2. Hot Foot Bath
1. Wear minimalistic cloth.
2. Get a bucket filled with hot water.
3. Place it in front of the chair you are sitting in.
4. Drink a glass of water.
5. Place the cold-pressed towel on your head.
6. Dip your legs into the water and keep for 15-20 min.
7. You will start sweating profusely.
8. Take a quick cold sponge or cold shower and rest in Shavasana for 10-15 minutes.
3. Epsom Salt Detox Bath
Along with detoxifying the body, this bath also reduces muscle pain and provides relaxation.
1. Fill a bathtub with comfortable, warm water. You can also add 5 drops of lavender oil and one tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. Once the tub is filled with enough water to soak your entire body below the shoulders, add two cups of Epsom salt.
3. Stir the water with your hand or foot to dissolve the salt.
4. Soak for at least 12 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Easy Pranayama For Lungs Detox
Here are two easy Pranayama for lung detox.
1. Nadi Shuddhi
- Keep your spine erect and sit with relaxed shoulders. Keep a smile on your face.
- Keep the left hand on your left knee and palms open to the sky.
- Keep your little finger and ring finger on your left nostril and the thumb on your right nostril. Use your thumb for the right nostril and your fingers to open or close the left nostril.
- While pressing the right nostril with your thumb, breathe out through the left nostril.
- Now breathe in from the left nostril and press the left nostril with your ring finger and little finger. Next, slowly remove your right thumb from the right nostril while breathing.
- Now inhale from the right nostril and exhale from the left. Continue inhaling and exhaling from alternate nostrils. You have now completed one round.
- Complete by alternately breathing through both nostrils.
After every exhalation, inhale from the same nostril. Then, with closed eyes, continue taking long, deep, effortless breaths.
- Sit comfortably with your spine erect. Place your hands on your knees with palms open to the sky.
- Take a deep breath in.
- As you exhale, pull your navel back towards the spine.
- Do as much as you comfortably can. For example, you may keep your right hand on the stomach to feel the abdominal muscles contract.
- The breath flows into your lungs as you relax the navel and abdomen.
- Take twenty such breaths to complete one round of Kapal Bhati.
- After completing the round, relax with your eyes closed and feel the sensations in your body.
Wrapping up! Take these tips before the smoke takes a toll on your health and causes any severe problems.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H
Subscribe to Toneop Newsletter
Simply enter your email address below and get ready to embark on a path to vibrant well-being. Together, let's create a healthier and happier you!
Download our app
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *