Fishes are an essential part of a healthy diet. They are the primary sources of healthful omega-3 fats and are rich in other nutrients such as vitamin D and proteins and low in saturated fats.
According to some studies, “ Fish consumption is expected to reach 21.5kg per person by 2024.” There are many types of edible fish; one of them is Koduva fish.
The fish is white with moderate flavour and flaky flesh. It is also known as barramundi in Tamil, sea bass in English and is predominantly found in Southeast Asia and a few parts of Northern Australia.
Koduva fish has ample health benefits. Eager to know? Keep on reading!
1. Health Benefits Of Koduva Fish
2. Nutritional Value Of Koduva Fish
3. Koduva Fish Recipes
4. The Final Say
Here is the list of health benefits of Koduva fish.
Koduva fish is enriched with proteins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce the bad cholesterol in the body and promote weight loss.
The omega-3 fatty acid content of Koduva fish helps to increase the HDL cholesterol in the body, lowering the chances of cancer and maintaining a healthy body.
Koduva Fish is potent with minerals like zinc, selenium, magnesium and calcium; this mineral helps maintain healthy bones and increases the strength of the same.
Fish meat is healthier than other meat, which helps lower the chances of some health diseases as it contains a suitable amount of protein which promotes the growth of tissues and muscles and the development of bones.
Koduva fish contains a good amount of vitamin A, which is excellent for vision and other eye ailments. Vitamin A works as an antioxidant that helps fight free radicals and reduce the occurrence of vision disturbance and cataracts.
You Can Also Read - Silan Fish: Nutritional Value And Benefits
100g of Koduva Fish contains:
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add mustard, fenugreek, and curry leaves and let the seeds splatter.
2. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Let it cook for a few minutes.
3. Add chopped onion and tomatoes and cook until they turn translucent.
4. Add spices like red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, coconut paste, coriander seeds powder and tamarind water. Let them cook for a few minutes.
5. Add two cups of water and let it bowl.
6. Add Koduva fish pieces into it and cook until the oil gets separated.
7. Serve it hot!
1. Season the Koduva fish with black pepper and salt.
2. Add oil to a pan and roast the Koduva fish fillets until they turn golden brown and crispy on both sides.
3. Add the remaining oil, ginger juliennes, chopped garlic, and red chillies to the same pan. Let them saute until they change colour.
4. In the same pan, toss spring onions for a few seconds and add the roast fish fillets.
5. Add soy sauce and let it cook for one minute.
6. Serve it hot!
Koduva fish contains minerals and other macronutrients like protein, selenium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc., which help maintain healthy eyes and bones. Moreover, the protein content in this fish helps in muscle gain and tissue growth and also helps to reduce weight.
The omega-3 fatty acid content helps to reduce the chances of cancer and lowers bad cholesterol in the body by increasing HDL and reducing heart ailments.
1. Is Koduva fish safe to consume?
Yes, as sea bass has lower mercury content which does not harm the organs and the body's functions, it also contains a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
2. From where does Koduva fish come from?
Koduva fish generally grows, matures and comes from fresh and marine water.
3. Is consuming Koduva fish safe for pregnant women?
Yes, pregnant women can consume it in a significantly lower portion, as it has pollutants that may hamper the baby's health.
4. What is the best way to cook Koduva fish?
Pan fry method and steaming are great ways to cook Koduva fish.
5. What is the taste of Koduva fish?
It has a mild taste and fleshy flavour with a hint of sweetness.
TONEOP is a platform, dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H