The festival of Makar Sankranti is celebrated with great zeal and hullabaloo all around the country. In various parts of the country, people refer to the celebration by multiple names, including Lohri, Makar Sankranti, Magh Bihu, Maghi Sankrant, Makaravilakku, and Pongal. This festival celebrates the Sun God and symbolises the beginning of the harvest season. It is dedicated to worshipping the sun god.
This event holds a significant place in Hinduism. It honours the return of the sun to the hemisphere above the equator. The festival of Makar Sankranti takes place on the first day of the sun's passage into Capricorn, referred to as Makara in Hindi. It is also the end of the month that contains the winter solstice, which is the time when the days start getting longer, and the temperature begins to rise again.
During the winter season, we notice a wide variety of foods around us and various types of sweets, especially popular in the winter. During the winter, we all generally indulge in unhealthy junk food and snacks in the name of hot foods.
We all remember our grandmothers making laddu for us in winter but little did we know of the nutrients and enriching proteins packed in them then.
Protein laddu is one of the healthiest, most nutritious, and most delicious Indian laddu recipes. This laddu is made with a potent mixture of nutritious seeds, dry fruits and jaggery. Jaggery is used to replace sugar because it is far superior to refined sugar in terms of health benefits. This recipe is versatile and can be served as a snack or a delicious dessert after a meal. In a nutshell, it is a great snack during the season holidays.
It is also beneficial for people trying to lose weight because this tasty snack helps to control hunger while providing the body with all the necessary nutrients.
Keeping this in mind, we present a super healthy no sugar, oil or ghee recipe made with a mixture of dry fruits, nutritious seeds, and jaggery. This simple healthy protein laddu recipe allows you to indulge in your sweet tooth without feeling guilty.
But before we get into the recipe, let us understand what protein is and how it benefits our health.
1. Nutritional Content Of Protein Laddu
2. Makar Sankranti Special Protein Laddu Recipe
3. Dietitian’s Recommendation
4. The Final Say
Protein laddu provides several health benefits. It keeps you full for a longer time giving you the required nutrients and aiding in weight loss. Adding this protein-rich laddu to your diet also can save you from the risks of facing different medical conditions due to its high nutrient profile.
3 serving of protein laddu contains:
The Makar Sankranti festival is about having fun and feasting on scrumptious treats throughout the day.
On the occasion of Makar Sankranti, ToneOp brings you the recipe for an easy protein laddu that you can create in the comfort of your home.
1. First, take peanuts and put them in a thick-bottomed pan. Roast them until it turns crunchy and golden in colour, preferably on a low flame.
2. Let it sit and cool down, and then blend the peanuts in a blender to achieve powdered form.
3. Transfer the peanut powder to a larger bowl and keep it aside.
4. Take another pan and roast sesame seeds. You may use either black or white sesame seeds.
5. Let the sesame seeds roast until they turn aromatic and start to pop.
6. Let the roasted sesame seeds cool, and blend them into a coarse powder.
7. Transfer the sesame powder into the same bowl with peanuts and let it sit.
8. Now roast pistachios and almonds until crunchy. Also, add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and roast them together.
9. Let them cool completely, and blend them into a coarse powder.
10. Transfer the nuts and seeds powder into the same large bowl and keep it aside.
11. Take dry coconut and roast it on a low flame.
12. You may roast until the grated coconut turns aromatic and slightly golden brown.
13. Now, transfer the roasted coconut into the same large bowl.
14. Add chopped anjeer, dates, and cardamom powder. Add cinnamon powder and mix well.
15. Mix well to combine all the ingredients properly, and keep aside the mixture
16. Add jaggery and water to a large kadhai.
17. Stir and boil the jaggery and water until it attains a string consistency.
18. Now add jaggery and water mix to the already prepared mixture.
19. Mix them well until all ingredients are well combined, and the consistency thickens a little
20. Transfer this mixture onto a large plate and allow it to cool down. This will help to hold the shape of the laddu.
21. After the mixture is completely cool, prepare the laddu of the desired size.
22. Voila, enjoy a healthy protein laddu recipe.
Also, to get a healthy meal at your doorstep, visit ToneOpEats.
Protein laddu is a nutritious and healthy Indian laddu recipe made with a mixture of dry fruits and seeds. It is an excellent weight-loss snack dessert recipe that helps control hunger while providing the necessary nutrients. In the winter, you should consume at least one laddu per day.
-Dietitian Lavina Chauhan
Protein laddu is easy to prepare and healthy recipe which is highly nutritious and rich in protein because of the presence of seeds and dry fruits. Protein laddu is a good option for those who are weight watchers, and even it can be consumed by those who are diabetics.
1. Does eating protein laddu help in weight loss?
Yes, eating protein laddu helps in weight loss as A protein-rich diet aids in weight maintenance by preventing overeating. A small amount of protein in your diet makes you feel full and meets your daily dietary needs.
It is regarded as an effective weight loss strategy. Laddu are very fulfilling and heavy, so they keep you full for a long time, preventing you from eating more yet getting the required amount of proteins and nutrients for the body.
2. Can Diabetic people consume these laddu?
Proteins require very little Insulin, whereas carbohydrates require much more Insulin. As a result, a protein-rich diet uses very little Insulin and aids in sugar control. As a result, diabetic patients benefit from a protein-rich diet.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H