Did you know that sugarcane juice is a blend of fructose, sucrose and other glucose varieties? Hence, it is sweet to taste, and the sugar extracted from this juice contains just 15 calories and has no fats! Read on for more.
Raw sugarcane juice is commonly consumed in India, Latin America, North Africa, and Southeast Asia. Raw Sugarcane juice contains sucrose, fibre and water. After Brazil, India grows most of the sugarcane.
Sugarcane juice is obtained by compressing the raw sugarcane. It is a drink for summer that works as a coolant to the body and provides freshness. The Indian sugarcane producers are Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Pondicherry, Gujarat, Goa, Karnataka, and Madhya Pradesh.
1. Nutritional Value Of Raw Sugarcane Juice
2. Things To Remember When Consuming Raw Sugarcane Juice
3. Health Benefits Of Raw Sugarcane Juice
4. Raw Sugarcane Juice Recipe
5. Dietitian’s Recommendations
6. The Final Say
There are just 180 calories in an 8-ounce serving of sugarcane juice without any other ingredients, which is very little. It contains 30g of natural sugar and is a wholly organic beverage. As a result, you do not need to add more sugar to make the food sweet.
Each serving of raw sugarcane juice has 13g of dietary fibre, which is necessary for performing several bodily processes.
Per 100ml of raw sugarcane juice contains
1. It might appear most convenient to sip sugarcane juice from a roadside stand. However, it could cause diarrhoea or Chagas disease if made in unsanitary circumstances. This is because sugarcane juice is the finest environment for microbes to reproduce.
2. Never consume sugarcane juice left out of the refrigerator for longer than 15 minutes, as it could harm your stomach and intestines.
3. Make sure the vendor from whom you intend to purchase the beverage does not use excessive amounts of oil to operate its crushing equipment because this oil might harm your health.
4. If you have jaundice, only drink two glasses of sugarcane juice daily. Otherwise, anything in excess can harm your body.
Here, we have listed a few benefits of raw sugarcane juice.
Consumption of raw sugarcane juice helps to strengthen the liver and cures liver infections. This juice contains many antioxidants, which help fight infectious bacteria. Also, raw sugarcane juice helps increase the lost protein count in the body due to jaundice.
Raw sugarcane juice contains fructose and sucrose, which rapidly boost energy levels and hydrate the body. It replenishes the body’s energy flush and lowers fatigue caused due to summer heat.
Raw sugarcane juice contains potassium which helps to balance the stomach PH and increase the secretion of juices (digestive) in the gut and also helps to combat constipation.
Raw sugarcane juice helps in the detoxification of the body as it contains some diuretic properties and also prevents kidney stones and UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections) and promotes better functioning of the kidneys.
You Can Also Read: What Is Detoxification? Its Types And Benefits
Raw sugarcane juice contains flavonoids, phenolic acid and antioxidants, which keep the skin hydrated and moisturised and make the skin glowing and plump. It may reduce the signs of ageing, like fine lines, with regular consumption.
Raw sugarcane contains vitamin C, which works as an antioxidant and boosts immunity by keeping infections away. Also, it can help combat breast cancer and prostate cancer.
Raw sugarcane helps to replenish the body with lost protein. It helps to boost recovery faster by boosting immunity and provides energy, as in fever, people tend to have fatigue and tiredness.
Raw sugarcane juice contains phosphorus and calcium, strengthening the teeth and enamel. Also, it helps to get rid of bad breath due to tooth decay.
Fresh sugarcane juice with a hint of ginger and black pepper.
1. Mix black pepper powder, lemon juice and grated ginger together.
2. Add to the sugarcane juice.
3. Keep it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes and serve chilled.
A minty and slushy version of sugarcane juice.
1. Put all the ingredients together and mix well until the sugar gets dissolved.
2. Pour it into a container and freeze it for 5-6 hours in a freezer.
3. Now, take it out and blend roughly. It should look slushy (thick icy consistency).
4. Serve it in a glass and garnish it with mint leaves.
A blend of sugarcane and pomegranate along with some watermelon.
1. Blend all the fruits with sugar cane juice
2. Now add the lemon juice mix well and pour it into a glass and serve by garnishing it with ginger.
You Can Also Read: 14 Benefits Of Butter Fruit Juice
Raw sugarcane juice is a boon for summer. It hydrates the body and provides ample energy to beat the heat while providing nutrients essential for the body. Raw sugarcane juice is great for pregnant women as it contains a good amount of calcium, antioxidants, vitamin B complex, and folic acid, which helps to prevent neural disabilities in babies. Therefore, you can happily add this to your healthy diet during pregnancy.
Also, make sure you drink sugarcane juice by adding lemon juice to it because it contains iron, and vitamin C of the lemon is a carrier that helps absorb iron into the body. So, for better iron absorption, always drink sugarcane juice by adding lemon.
-Dietitian Akshata Gandevikar
Sugarcane juice is a great option to consume during summer as it is easily available and helps curb the heat while providing hydration to the body. It is commonly called an energy booster as it contains sucrose and fructose, providing energy to the body.
1. How long does sugarcane juice last?
Sugarcane juice goes bad very soon, so it is advised to consume freshly made juice within 15-30 minutes.
2. Can sugarcane juice be consumed if I have a cold?
Yes! Sugarcane can be consumed during a cold as it helps provide hydration to the body. During a cough or cold, our body loses many liquids, so sugarcane juice is very beneficial for replenishing the lost water.
3. Can sugarcane juice curb acidity?
Yes, sugarcane juice acts as a coolant, as sugarcane juice is alkaline.
4. Can sugarcane juice be consumed on an empty stomach?
Yes, you can drink sugarcane juice empty stomach but do not add sugar to it as it will spike blood sugar if consumed on an empty stomach.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H