Walnut Dry Fruit: Health Benefits And Healthy Recipes
Published on: 05-Nov-2022
10 min read
Updated on : 02-Nov-2023
Walnut Dry Fruit: Health Benefits And Healthy Recipes
Wonder men and women will come and go, but this wonder dry fruit is here to stay - The Walnut dry fruit!
In the past, walnut dry fruit was referred to as Royal Nut. Persian walnut and black walnut are the two most often grown walnut species. While the Persian walnut is indigenous to Iran, the black walnut is indigenous to North America.
Compared to Persian walnuts, black walnuts have a far more pleasant flavour. Still, cultivation is challenging because of their hard shells. Other than that, English walnut, which is widely consumed worldwide, is another term for Persian walnut.
For ages, walnut dry fruit has had numerous health benefits. People worldwide include it in their diet through various recipes. So, let us dive deeper into understanding the nutritional value of walnuts, their health benefits and their recipes to make your diet more nourishing.
Table Of Contents
1. Nutritional Value Of Walnut Dry Fruit
2. Health Benefits Of Walnut Dry Fruit
3. Walnut Dry Fruit Recipes
4. Dietitian’s Recommendation
5. The Final Say
Nutritional Value Of Walnut Dry Fruit
Every 100 grams of walnut dry fruit contains the following nutrients:
- Calories - 65 kcal
- Protein - 1.52 gm
- Fat - 6.52 g
- Carbohydrate - 1.37 gm
- Fibre - 0.7 gm
- Calcium - 10 mg
- Potassium - 44 mg
You Can Also Read: Black Dates: Nutritional Value And Benefits
Health Benefits Of Walnut Dry Fruit
Well, if you want a healthy snack between meals, you can carry a few walnuts in your pocket! Walnuts are one of the most beneficial dry fruits filled with nutrients.
Here are a few health benefits of Walnut dry fruit you should consider.
1. Excellent Source Of Omega-3 Fatty Acid:
Dried walnut fruit is richer in omega-3 fatty acids than other nuts. In addition, ALA, a vital lipid derived from food, is found in walnuts.
According to the Institute of Medicine, a sufficient ALA intake is 1.6 and 1.1 grams per day for males and women. Therefore, one serving of walnuts satisfies that recommendation.
You Can Also Read: Best Dry Fruits For Weight Loss
2. Loaded With Antioxidants
Why take those pills for antioxidants and vitamin E? If you have this saviour, dry fruit - the walnut!
Vitamin E, melatonin, and polyphenols are all abundant in walnut dry fruit. And compared to other nuts, walnuts have higher antioxidant activity.
Walnut consumption helps to reduce LDL, which promotes heart health. Consuming walnuts also lessen oxidative damage.
3. Lowers Inflammation
Due to oxidative stress, inflammation can result in diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer's. Ellagitannins, a type of polyphenol found in walnuts, can reduce oxidative stress and inflammation.
The gut bacteria that provide anti-inflammatory protection cause the ellagitannins to transform into urolithins. Inflammation is also decreased by magnesium, ALA, and arginine.
4. Healthy Heart, Happy You!
Because ALA and linoleic acid are present in walnuts or Akhrot, a healthy supply of lipids is encouraged, boosting HDL over LDL and lowering blood pressure. It is also one of the best dry fruits for weight loss.
5. It Is Diabetic-friendly
Walnut dry fruit is a wonderful source of protein and fibre, hence is considered a food that helps manage diabetes and control blood sugar levels.
Additionally, it is low in carbohydrates, making it an excellent snack for diabetic patients. Walnuts assist in reducing the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
6. The Secret To Stronger Bones And Digestion
Consuming walnut dry fruit reduces the body's calcium excretion and boosts absorption, resulting in strong bones.
Additionally, walnuts are high in fibre, which promotes smooth bowel movements and increases detoxification in the body.
7. Get Those Luscious Hair And Healthy Skin
The vitamin E in walnuts helps to maintain healthy, firm skin and slows the ageing process, resulting in fewer wrinkles, blemishes, and fine lines. Additionally, walnut ingestion regularly can help reduce dark circles.
So, do you have a reason to not include walnuts in your diet? Well, we know the answer!
Walnut Dry Fruit Recipe
So, here are some easy, healthy, yet delicious recipes you can try with walnut dry fruit. Let us jump to them!
1. Cinnamon And Walnut Porridge
This recipe is for a quick and easy walnut porridge with the sweetness of cinnamon.
- Almond milk - 1 cup
- Rolled oats - ½ cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - ½ tsp
- Chopped walnuts - 1/3 cup
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Honey - 1.5 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
1. Add the almond milk, rolled oats, water, vanilla essence, honey, and salt to a deep saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil until the oats are cooked.
2. After thoroughly combining the cinnamon powder and walnuts, serve warm or cold.
2. Walnut And Zucchini Fried Rice
This is a delicious fried rice recipe with a twist of walnuts and zucchini crunch.
- Zucchini chopped or sliced - 1 no.
- Minced garlic- 6-7 cloves
- Sesame - 1/2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 tbsp
- Walnuts chopped - 1/3 cup
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Brown rice cooked - 1 cup
- Onion stalks chopped - 3-4 nos
- Chopped onion - 1 no
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Salt for taste
1. Sesame oil and vegetable oil in a wok. Allow to heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for two to three minutes over medium heat.
2. Sauté the zucchini and walnuts for 1-2 minutes, being careful not to overcook any ingredient.
3. Now combine the mustard seeds, salt, and vinegar.
4. Further, add the mustard seeds, salt and vinegar and mix. Finally, on high flame, add the onion stalks and sauté once and serve hot.
3. Walnut And Quinoa Chickpea Salad With Lemon
This recipe is filled with a tangy salad with high protein and fibre goodness.
For the dressing:
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice and zest - 1 tsp
- Garlic minced - 2-3
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Black pepper and salt, to taste
- Lettuce - 1-2 leaves chopped
- Cooked quinoa - 15gm
- Cooked chickpeas -15gm
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves
- Tomato chopped -1 small
- Basil chopped - 5-6 leaves
- Chopped walnuts - 6-7 halves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, then set it aside.
2. Take a deep salad bowl, add the quinoa, chickpeas, and chopped greens, and combine.
3. Add the basil, tomato, black pepper, and salt, and combine everything well. Drizzle the salad with the dressing oil and serve.
4. Check to see if salt is needed.
According to a few elderly persons, walnuts are thought to improve brain mood and help with memory and cognitive function. Therefore, consuming walnuts regularly is essential to get all of its benefits. You can have walnuts in your diet in the following ways:
- The walnut can be soaked the night before and eaten the following day, or you can create walnut and date laddu and eat it as a pre-workout snack for quick energy.
- You can also add it to Home-Made Chocolates And Bars For Kids.
- You should also carry walnuts to avoid munching on bad things while travelling.
- Always use walnuts in smoothies; they will improve the flavour and nutritional content of the beverage.
- The innovative salad made with apples and walnuts is another option.
-Dietitian Akshata Gandevikar
The Final Say
When compared to other nuts, walnut dry fruit is an explicit nut. It contains potent antioxidants that combat free radicals in the body and support a healthy body, which helps control the body's functioning.
Omega-3 is abundant in walnuts, which helps reduce LDL and raise HDL, which protects the heart, reduces inflammation, and may lessen the risk of cancer.
Regular walnut consumption will undoubtedly improve your health!
1. Which nut, walnuts or almonds, is healthier?
Each nut has its advantages, but walnuts are much healthier than peanuts, pecans, and almonds.
2. Are walnuts recommended for diabetics to eat?
Yes, walnuts are low in carbohydrates and high in fibre and protein, making them the perfect food for diabetic patients.
3. Why should walnuts be soaked before eating?
Walnuts that have been soaked are simple to digest and are more effective at lowering LDL levels in the body.
4. What does walnut dry fruit do to the brain?
Walnut eating, according to some, may improve cognitive performance and lessen depression and other disorders.
5. What benefits does walnut dry fruit have for hair and skin?
Walnuts are high in vitamin E and omega-3, which keep the skin supple and lessen the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. They also assist in strengthening and smoothing the hair.
TONEOP is a platform dedicated to improving and maintaining your good health through a comprehensive range of goal-oriented diet plans and recipes. It also intends to provide value-added content to our consumers.
Download TONEOP to access our diet plans, recipes & much more.
Android user- https://bit.ly/ToneopAndroid
Apple user- https://apple.co/38ykc9H
Subscribe to Toneop Newsletter
Simply enter your email address below and get ready to embark on a path to vibrant well-being. Together, let's create a healthier and happier you!
Download our app
I used to struggle with my weight, but this incredible product came to the rescue. From 95kg to a lean 60kg, I feel more confident and empowered. <a href="https://7c321ikmijm4up5m9ejzoehd7g.hop.clickbank.net" target="_blank">click here</a> to embark on your transformative journey!
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *